Old November 21st 03, 08:58 PM
Tom Bruhns

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote in message ...
Also, anyone play with the new generation of fifty-cent jellybean 100+ MHz
amplifiers?

I've been playing with/using things like the OPA685, THS4302RG and
AD8351. I'll probably try the AD8099, but suspect it won't go low
enough in distortion at 40MHz. My holy grail is better than -80dBc
second and third harmonics at 50MHz and 2V p-p output, and
input-referred voltage noise down in the 1-2nV/rtHz region. But I
suppose that I'll never be completely happy, as the bar will move
higher as fast ADC resolution and distortion improve. As for ADCs,
I'm hoping for 18 useful bits at 100Ms/s in monolithic, and would
welcome 20 bits or more. We've done 23 bits at 20Ms/s for a long time
now, but it's a tad pricey.

Cheers,
Tom