Old December 14th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Henry 2K band switch problem

David Thompson wrote:
Great, I can probably get it from Ack Electronics in Atlanta. I have a
light lube spray that soaks in and does not gummy up like WD-40 does. Its
called pre-lube 6.

Ack are really good folks, they were always a huge help to me when I was a
starving student at W4AQL. I'm glad to hear they are still around. The thing
about Cailube is that it is a contact cleaner... it reduces corrosion and
it's okay at high voltages.

With the lube spray, be careful with it because it may not be okay to get on
the contacts themselves. If it's something like Superlube by Loctite, it's
also pretty thick once it dries and you may want a lighter oil than that.

Ace Hardware will carry Zoom-Spout Oil which is a light machine oil that
will work really well on the pulleys and the shaft. Or ask Ack if they
have a "10W turbine oil" or an "ISO 32 turbine oil." It's thicker than
sewing machine oil but thinner than medium machine oil.
--scott