Old December 17th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ron[_10_] Ron[_10_] is offline

Default Dipole advice?

Hi hi

thanks for the tips.

What about the dipole? I have a 1:1 balun and both ladder line and coax.
Which is prefered?

Also I wish to center feed the dipole at the top of the tower, approx 4ft
away from the tower itself and then I can put a leg at about 150 degrees,
not a straight 180 degrees. So a little bit offset but one leg can be about
approx 50 foot then begins to slop over a tree and then other is about 60
foot before it begins to slop over a tree about same height.

The tuner has its own balun, I believe that is if I use the ladder line. It
is a manual mfj I think.

The pully is good idea, looking at the half sloper or taping into the tower
seems a bit complicated, all the houses around here are all aluminum siding.

What about the balun and ladder line or coax? Which is preferred?

thanks

73

"dave" wrote in message
Ron wrote:
Hi

Just about to make a dipole and have enough parts to make but only want
climb once. 50 ft tower and lots of ladder line, coax, a 1:1 balun and
lots
of copper wire and a nice manual tuner that has its own balun for hook up
either the ladder line or coax.

Any idea which is best possible and practical application? Should I use
the
ladder line or coax? Do I need the balun? I hope to use it for 10-160 as
this is what the rig is capable of.

Any advice or adeas or tricks of the trade are greatly appreciated, I
hope
to only climb once, what works best?

thanks
Ron