Old December 17th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Anyone have leads on a car am/fm/sw/cd radio?

On 12/17/2009 6:38 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Simon C. wrote:
We used to have a SW radio in my dads car in europe in the 70's,
without the
CD of course...

Looking to find one today....
This is ht eonly one I found:

http://www.continentalimports.com/cr21.html

Obviously, goes for a few pennies....

That's a Becker. Looks just like my 2340 Mexico. Helluva radio. Amazing
audio.

Not cheap. Worth every penny.

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used1.html

(cut and paste).

Here ya go. Universal has a DC-942, Philips, unused
on their used list. new, old stock. i know nothing
about this unit. shortwave in the car for me has lately
been a 7600 with the Sony loop. works good, just a bit
of work to set up. in the car has never been a big deal
for me. only used to catch the big guns. so, really, if
your into Alex Jones, or the religious beggar's, which
i'm not, it's a bit too much hassle for me. now, over
in Europe, it's different.

Drifter...