Old December 20th 09, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default Fantastic BCB Catch Tonight

On Dec 19, 9:20*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
Gregg wrote:

I was using my GE P-780 with a loop made by D.Schmarder {sp} on my
lazy susan but I didn't fully copy the signal completely till I sat my
Radio Shack loop on the opposite side and tuned a little off the sweet
spot and then barely touched my bigger Penta-Loop and there it was
with nothing else in there.

You think all those loops were doing more enhancing the signal,
nulling the competition, or a combination of both?
In any case that's fun stuff playing with loops to dither reception,
I never used more than two at a time myself.

There was a guy who use to post in here named Ron Hardin if I
remember correctly. I was fascinated in reading posts when
he spoke of BCB DXing. Apparently he had two antennas
outside that he could control.

That's where I got curious as to what would happen if anything
if I were to use two loops inside and on my turntable.

Answering your question, I would say both "at times." It seems
if I had to pick one it would be the nulling of but sometimes it will
enhance the crap out of a station, like last night, I just had more
hash than anything to contend with last night till I found that one
particular setting and that was it - - if I would have barely turned
my table in either direction or touched any of the loops I wouldn't
have been able to hear it - - it would have been gone like a fart in
the wind.

That's where like David said is the patience part.