Old December 20th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default *PING* Echo Bob.............

On Dec 20, 7:08*am, Drifter wrote:
On 12/20/2009 9:45 AM, Gregg wrote:

When you said you had/have a SW77 I checked it
out because I mistakingly thought it was a Hallicrafters....mixing up
the SW for the SX - follow me?

I read the reviews on that piece on eham and other than one
guy....everyone said it's a great receiver.
****BUT**** the MSRP was $699.99!!!!!

I know the MSRP isn't usually what it sells for.
You didn't pay that for it did you? I wonder how that piece would
stack up against the fully loaded DX398
on hams and UTES.

Gregg. The SW77 is a nice port. it was an update/ replacement for
the 2010. at the time it was good, but, not as good as the 2010,
in mho. myself, i screwed up, and let my 2010 go. at the time i
picked up 2 Sw77, at the free shop in Porto Rico. was a good deal.
got them at 299.00 each. so, used one, and the other is unopened.
nobody paid MSRP. OK, it's a good receiver, but, in a portable,
the 2010 is better. the 77 does not have the weak front-end the
2010 has. between the 2, take the 2010. or, get the E1. the Eaton
is a super port if you can find one that works. if your looking,
go to the yahoo groups first. that's what i do, then make your
decision. don't get me wrong, eHam is cool, but all it takes is
one post to screw up a good receiver. BTW, the 398 is good, but
the front end won't take too much antenna. off the whip it's
good. hope this helps.

Drifter...

Thanks for the response Drifter.