Old December 21st 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Graham Graham is offline

Default Pirate Radio the movie - anyone see it?

On Dec 21, 4:19*pm, Station X wrote:
Seems you guys only just got it. Us Aussies have seen it ages ago!
Laughed hard. Was really amased at how the console could be waist deep
in water and the TXer downstairs still going! That was even funier!

Was it a good representation of what actually went on? - NO! - ****!
Wouldn't have waisted the money on the ticket! Glad I watched a dodgy
copy a mate loaned me and didn't spend a sent!

Sorry lads should have sent in a team of Doco Jurnos from Discovery
Channel or Nat Geo etc and made a 2 hr doco film on the real story!
Now that I'd pay to see! The real gutts.

Oh maybe send in the Mythbusters to blow something up! I'd watch that!

Well a lot happened during the time covered, the film covers
quite a span ... from stations on land , on ships off the coast
to using the nepolionic forts located in the Thames estuary .( Big
L).missing are the associated murders of those involved by the
opposite mob , the bombing of the ships and the cray twins
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cray_twins ) hiding out at radio
London waiting for the heat to die down as they say over the
pond, commando raids on the ships by (?) ... big money involved in
the air play lists .. still is

MW tx was only the bbc in the uk , and as the film points out
did not play very much pop music .. best 'we' had was radio
Luxembourg on 208 mtrs ..beamed into the uk .. went over to
english round 1900 hrs .. big signal, big qsb , big phase
distortion .. a lot of land based local stations playing music as
well ..one lot, radio liverpool used to have a wire up a tree and
battery tx and tape player in the local park .. dedication ...

Sure the films is a little technically romantic, but the ship is
the original and is still fired up for special events

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Caroline