Old December 23rd 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
jfjp kruijs voorberge jfjp kruijs voorberge is offline

Default power transformer question

hello
Many thanks for all your kind reactions
My only question was if I could use the universal power transformer out of a
not used S-40 AU into a SX-100 to make the SX-100 all hallicrafters again .
It is now working very good with a non hallicrafters transformer
I decided not to change anything at all because the risk that something goes
wrong is to great
thanks again
hans

"jfjp kruijs voorberge" schreef in bericht
hello
Can I use a universal power transformer out of a hallicrafters S-40 AU
into an SX -100 ? The power consumption of the S-40 is less than that of
the SX-100 so I am afraid that is getting to hot or could it deliver the
extra watts ?
Thanks in advance
hans