Old December 25th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
David[_10_] David[_10_] is offline

Default Performance of Heathkit SB-610

On Dec 25, 10:04*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
David wrote:

So here=92s my question: Building the pre-amp was a fun and useful
project, but is my scope=92s performance without the pre-amp typical?

No. *Something is wrong. *With the gain control set halfway, S9 signals
go way over the top of the CRT with my Collins R-390. *This is using
log scale, too.

If your problem is the same in both linear and log, that's one thing to
rule out.
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Scott,

The SB-610, which is crude oscilloscope, doesn't have a log scale.
Are you confusing it with the SB-620 pan adapter ("Scanalyzer") which
presents a frequency domain view of signals?

-Dave Drumheller, K3WQ