Old December 25th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
David[_10_] David[_10_] is offline

Default Performance of Heathkit SB-610

On Dec 25, 12:43*pm, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article
,

*David wrote:

I connected it to my SB-301 receiver by tapping the secondary of

its last intermediate frequency (IF) transformer (T4 in the 301's
schematic) using a 1pf capacitor

Dave-

What do you mean by "tapping"? *If you did not connect the 1pf capacitor
to the top of the coil, then that may be causing your reduced signal.

Fred
K4DII

Fred,

Sorry for using misleading terminology. I did just what you suggest--
I connected the 1pF cap to the top of the IF transformer's secondary
coil.

-Dave Drumheller, K3WQ