Old November 25th 03, 11:33 AM
N. Thornton

(Jason Hsu) wrote in message om...

I won't bore you with too many details. One thing I noticed in a
design I'm looking at is that 1W resistors could be subject to as much
as 50W of power apiece during the time it takes for a relay to
respond. This response time is 7msec. The overall duty cycle will be
low (well under 1%).

Can the 1W-51 ohm resistors handle this 50 RF volts 0-peak (about 50W
PEP) for .007 sec? 50W over .007 seconds is .35 Joules. .35W for 1
second is also .35 Joules, which a 1W resistor should have no trouble
handling. Can the resistors be damaged during that .007 seconds?

Hi. I've always read upto 10x the rated diss is workable. 50x is
really pushing it I would think. My experience with this is limited
though - but I can tell you from experience that 1500x rated power
doesnt work so well

Regards, NT