Old December 26th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_6_] BDK[_6_] is offline

Default ICOM R75 vs Yaesu VR-5000

In article ea591c81-445d-4b87-a60e-3b243ad33852
@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, says...
Not sure which one to get. Anyone have any hands on experience with
either of these units, especially the Yaesu VR-5000?

Looks like I am going to be able to get one of them soon.

Or should I just save money and get something like a Grundig 750 or
Eton E1 ?

It's really hard to beat the R75 for the money. I don't know much about
the the Yaesu, but what I have heard isn't good. The Grundig and Eton
radios aren't anything close to the Icom at all.
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.