Old December 27th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Douche Bag Douche Bag is offline

Default Drake or AOR?

On Dec 26, 5:11*am, Bill Baka wrote:
I'm looking for the supreme or next to supreme desktop radio so I can
use it in either my car, at home (no computer hookups planned), or maybe
on one of my long bicycle trips.
I have found the Drake R-8 and SW-8 and also a mention of the AOR but
none found yet.
Anybody got any opinions on this?
Remember, home, car, bicycle, random antennas and that kind of thing.
I have plenty of boatanchors (Vacuum state FETs) and one marine RDF that
peaks at just over 4.0 MHz. I have a new Super CB Royce but a CB on a
bicycle might get too many laughs.
I'm open to any suggestions as long as they are cheap. I'm $$$ limited.

Thanks,
Bill Baka

I find that wearing my tin foil hat and facing northwest works fine
for me both in my car and at home. Make sure the shiny side is facing
out!
Good luck.
Douche