Old December 28th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] miso@sushi.com[_2_] is offline

Default Drake or AOR? Addendum

On Dec 26, 7:30*pm, Bill Baka wrote:
wrote:

Snipped

The AR7030+ has many memory slots (300 I think) and a wireless IR
remote. I think it is too big for mounting in a car. Using the 7030 in
bright light may require the rear IR sensor to be covered over. *The
7030+MB has a noise blanker, though I never really needed it. The auto
tracking notch filer is very good.

This could be a two radio situation, like one for the car, one for home,
and maybe one for the bicycle. Depends on $$$ and how much pedaling I
want to do.
Thanks,
Bill Baka

The AOR7030 is way too heavy for the bicycle. Besides, your antenna
would have to be a vertical whip. They are noisy, plus you are close
to automobiles. Then there is the theft issue. Why not a Sony portable
for the bicycle.