Old December 29th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default ***Ping Steve***

On Dec 27, 10:51*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Gregg wrote:

On that 70" wire you use, how long have you used that specific antenna
setup?

I've been using that since I moved here in 2001. It is transformer matched and
the coax is buried, same as the 200' wire.

What did you use before that?

I used pretty much the same 70' wire and various inverted vee's.

And, up until 5 or 6 years ago I had access a few times a year to a nice setup
that featured 6 pretty much permanent beverages from 300 to 700 feet or so in a
very quiet location.

Beginning in late October I've begun experiencing some noise here that pretty much
makes the 200' wire useless. The noise did take about a two week break right about
Radio St. Helena time but then returned.

I'll have to get out one of these days when the weather improves and see if I can
locate the source and let our local BPW know.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I put up a 25 foot 'flagpole' mast in the fall,
but I've yet to install any inverted vee's on it. Maybe come Spring!

It's a flagpole made by the Olympus company, comes in about 4-5 foot sections. Had 21
feet of it donated to me and I purchased another 4 foot section.

Good deal on the flagpole mast - - that definitely opens up other
options.
I really need to lay down some new coax also, guess it's been seven
yrs. maybe
eight- on my oldest and it's buried also.

One more thing. Is that an actual flagpole-- and you're just going to
use the flagpole itself as a mast? Kind of confused me there. ;-)