Old December 29th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ric Trexell Ric Trexell is offline

Default Can't get much on Shortwave.

I only have a portable shortwave radio (Grundig Yacht Boy 400) that I have
had for about 15 years. (It replaced a Grundig 2000 which was a real nice
radio in its day.) When I first got it there was stuff on there not only in
the bands but in between. There were about 10 places to hear the BBC and
VOA. Now I can tune the radio all night and maybe pick up a few Christian
broadcasts and one or two Spanish stations. I usually just end up listening
to the AM and FM stations. Even Hams are sort of rare. If this keeps up,
in a year or two there won't be anything on SW. Or is there something wrong
with my radio? Ric in Wisconsin.