Old December 30th 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Can't get much on Shortwave.

On Dec 29, 5:25*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
LOL!!! Yea, the days when the Soviets jammed anything aimed toward
them. Good memories in a weird way.

The Cubans still jam today, especially against spanish programs from
the states like Radio Marti and WRMI aimed toward Cuba. That swoosh
sound is how the Cubans jam those today. Tune your radio from 9700 to
9955mhz and you'll probably hear at least one Cuban jamming signal.

The Chinese use something called Firedrake where they will jam signals
they don't like with a constant stream of Chinese ethnic music. You
don't hear it much in the states but from what I understand, it's big
in the Far East. I think North and South Korea still play a jamming
game against each from time to time.

Cheers.

I hear Firedrake a lot daytimes here in California, terrifically
annoying when it covers signals on a dozen different freqs. I was
just noticing, even with the A and K indices at rock bottom tonight,
the bands are unpleasantly quiet. Sad.

Bruce