Old December 30th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Advice on class-C modulated tube

Tony-

What if you connected a capacitor across the screen resistor connected
to the hot end of the transformer? This might tend to keep the DC
voltage drop constant, while coupling more audio to the screen grid.

Fred
K4DII

Frad,

I am afraid I am unabke to follow your reasoning.

I cannot see how adding a capacitor, even a BIG one, can help keeping constant
the voltage drop across the screen resistor.

When you switch back from TX to RX, the screen current will go to nearly zero
and the voltage drop across the resistor will then tend to do the same. A
capacitor in parallel with the resistor would not succeed to keep the voltage
drop constant, as it would get discharged in a very short time.

73

Tony, I0JX