Old January 1st 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sky Captain Sky Captain is offline

Default BBC - Big Ben Full Strike

On Dec 31, 6:20*pm, dxAce wrote:
Looks like 9740 will be the frequency here to hear the full strike of Big Ben
at 0000 marking the beginning of the GMT New Year.

As Iook in my log, which these days I only get out to record the beginning of
the GMT New Year and the full strike of Big Ben, I note that I heard it on
9740 at the beginning of 2009 as well.

Not at great signal out of 9740 via Singapore at 2315 but hopefully it will
suffice. 9740 sked 2300-0200 so one might hear the run up, time pips, and the
full strike.

Good luck,

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace, none of my radios, even the Eton E1, would pick up 9740 tonight,
so I listened to Big Ben strike in the new year on the Internet.
Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do for the DX/SWL hobby.

Sky Captain