Old January 1st 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
moreradio moreradio is offline

Default restoring an SP-600

Thank you very nuch Ed, probably I will adopt a similar solution.
Claudio

"Ed Engelken" ha scritto nel messaggio
On Jan 1, 6:32 am, "moreradio" wrote:
Hello,
as a winter project I'm restoring an SP-600, just finished the mechanical
part I'm working on the electronics.
I wonder if anybody in BAland has tested the BFO waveform and say if I'm
right or not.
Checking the point between C132 and L46 the waveform appear ugly and
distorted, only .5 Vpp.
Everything is correctly wired and components are good, as witness, the
grid
of V13 shows a magnificient 8 Vpp signal.
Can you help me?
73's de Claudio

I noticed the same thing when I re-capped my SP-600 back in 1999. I
made up a FET buffer to go between the grid of V13 and the grid of
V12. The result was a much cleaner beat-note. --Ed