Old January 9th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Plate current measurement

In the AM transmitter I am building, the power supply is structured in such a
way that it is not possible to measure the final tube plate current at a
low-potential point.

So I have decided to connect the tube cathode to ground via a 1-ohm resistor and
measure the voltage that develops across that resistor.

I know that, doing so, I will be measuring the sum of plate current (around 200
mA), screen current (around 20 mA) and grid current (around 7 mA). But tuning
the transmitter Pi network for minimum total current should still work fine. Any
comment?

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy