Old January 9th 10, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default Antenna Supplies on Line????????

On 1/9/10 06:34 , Gregg wrote:
On Jan 9, 3:40 am, wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:

Universal Radio is good.

Grove, is another.

Parts Express, Digi-key, Mouser and AES.

Allied Electronics.

Newark.

If you can't find what you're looking for with these, you're likely to
find that you're not going to find it.

Nobody mentioned HRO. Try to do business with a radio store before you
go to the GSA vendors.- Hide quoted text -

We have a great radio/HAM etc. store in Hamilton called R&L
Electronics. You would be like a kid in the candy store at this place.
The first time I heard about that place I made the long drive there
and wasn't dissapointed. The store literally sits and is part of the
corner of a road - pretty odd.

I pulled into there and saw this setup of different arrays of antennas
outside and about crapped my britches...lol. I walked in that front
door for the first time and took a few steps into the store and just
stopped in my tracks with a huge smile on my face and one of the HAMS
behind the huge counter looked at me and said "your first time here?"
I said "yep" - - and proceeded to spend a tad over fours in there. IMO
- that would have to be the perfect job....it wouldn't even feel like
work.:-)

There was a place in Palatine called Ham Heaven, as part of a big
electronics store. Receivers old and new, parts, books,
tubes...racks upon racks of tubes...and of course a couple of
tri-banders on masts out in the yard, and an A-D DX Ultra back
there, as well. Every conceivable electronic device from early
carbon gridleak resistors for A-K TRF's, to current LSIC. And
everything in between.

I brought a lunch my second time in there.

They were moved out by the city some years ago, and sold the
inventory to O'Hare Electronics. Must of which was discarded, or
sold off to collectors. The staff at O'Hare didn't care much for
vintage parts buyers and made it more difficult than it needed to be
to find something.

Shame, too. I would have set up a direct deposit account.