Old January 14th 10, 11:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default AM 3 Mhz ?

On Jan 13, 8:20*pm, Shawn Patrick wrote:
I'm horrible at foreign languages but did you check this list of stations?

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bib09.txt

One other possibility is if you are certain it's Russian, could be a
harmonic of 1500-1600khz transmissions.

I get several strong signals on 90 meters here in the states at night
from US domestic shortwave broadcasters and some weaker spanish stations
from the topics.

Good luck.

Definitely Russian transmissions. Not regular broadcasters, though!
Does not sound like two amateurs either, it is not SSB.Strange
frequencies as well. Russian pirates,since it is out of band. Bandwith
is around 4KHz,can't be more-it sounds very distorted and difficult to
discern most words. One of them clearly complains about QRM and they
sound like technical guys to me (may be mil traffic as well).
Intermodulation from 40 meters, perhaps?