Old January 14th 10, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Question of moment - SS - S-AM

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:18 am, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
So, folks - When Drake decided to call it quits, did decent SS S-AM
die? The Eton, a few Sony radios (and maybe some future JRC NRD?)
seem to be all that's left - or did I miss something? Grundig no
longer seems interested (why not?) and Icom never really gave it the
effort it deserved. For a fairly easy-to-implement innovation, it
does not seem to show up much...
Bruce Jensen

The K3 has synchronous AM, effortlessly realized in DSP. You need a
base receiver for $1,600, a wide filter for $100 and the General
Coverage filter set. Run you abt $2k.

Is it, by chance, sideband selectable? Or would it be necessary to
use a passband to (more or less) achieve one side or the other?

Thanks,
BJ

I haven't played with it. I just have the 400 Hz 8 pole digital mode
roofing filter.