Old January 14th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
François Guillet François Guillet is offline

Default AM 3 Mhz ?

a écrit dans le message de news:
On Jan 13, 8:20 pm, Shawn Patrick wrote:
I'm horrible at foreign languages but did you check this list of stations?

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bib09.txt

One other possibility is if you are certain it's Russian, could be a
harmonic of 1500-1600khz transmissions.

I get several strong signals on 90 meters here in the states at night
from US domestic shortwave broadcasters and some weaker spanish stations
from the topics.

Good luck.

| Definitely Russian transmissions. Not regular broadcasters, though!
| Does not sound like two amateurs either, it is not SSB.Strange
| frequencies as well. Russian pirates,since it is out of band. Bandwith
| is around 4KHz,can't be more-it sounds very distorted and difficult to
| discern most words. One of them clearly complains about QRM and they
| sound like technical guys to me (may be mil traffic as well).
| Intermodulation from 40 meters, perhaps?

Harmonics or intermodulations are unlikely because of the long distance (if
they are in Russia) and probably I would have received them on their regular
frequencies.
They are operating every day for 5 days (I had never noticed them before but
possibly they were there) and are received here evening and night. I feel it
is not traffic such CB or amateur, but professional.

Thanks for the informations, and to Patrick too.