Old January 15th 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default AM 3 Mhz ?

On Jan 14, 2:08*pm, "Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote:
"François Guillet" wrote in message

Here is a much better record:
http://exvacuo.free.fr/div/Radio/Arc...Divers/AM%2030...

Are they definitely double sideband AM and not SSB with a carrier?

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Well, this not pure traditional AM. And as far as I can discern
it is not regular SSB either ! Is this DSB-AM with reduced or
suppressed carrierier , or is this SSB plus+ a reduced carrier?
Signal is not very stable, modulation seems to jump up and down
constantly. Need to switch to another agc setting,if possible. This
last recording is much better than the first and second. May be, if I
hear a longer transmission they will accidentally give away who the
hell they are. Judging from one party being much, much louder the
other fellow may be situated very far away. This is not your standard
literary language,either. Lots of uncensored expressions. Frequencies
are really baffling me. Still think it is an intermodulation product.
What receiver is being used?