Old January 15th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Kenneth Scharf Kenneth Scharf is offline

Default Need old meter case (broken meter ok)

wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:22 am, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
Does anybody have an old large panel meter (case inside dia of 3"). The
meter can (should) be broken as all I need is the outside case. I need
a bezel for a 3" CRT and a case from a broken panel meter with a 3"
(inside) diameter would work fine.

I'll look this evening, or tomorrow. Do you want metal or plastic?
Where are you located? I am in Oregon.

Paul, KD7HB

I'm in south Florida (FTL area). I think plastic might work out better,
but if it's non-magnetic metal (brass, aluminum, etc) that should be OK
too. The ID needs to be at least 3" so the CRT will fit. Most 3"
meters are a bit smaller than that, I know they made larger ones, but
not a popular size. I don't need the movement so if that's toast so
much the better, rather than destroy a good meter. Of course if it has
a useless range like 200A DC who cares?