Old January 20th 10, 11:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default AM 3 Mhz ?

On Jan 19, 1:30*pm, "François Guillet"
wrote:
a écrit dans le message de news:
| Fisherman *ALWAYS identified themselves in the past,usually clearly
| stating the name of the vessel.

In Europe it is never the case when they chat with one another (at least for
Spanish, Dutch, English, French and others. They identified themselves only
when they call coast stations).

| Isolated communities- may be,
| considering such wildly fluctuating signals. Especially if propagation
| is via the the polar region,perhaps. *And once again, official radio
| transmissions normally do not contain such dirty language ,other than
| military(was quite common in the past).

I agree it is surely not official transmissions.
But it could be unofficial transmissions from official operators during
their leisure time.

| And those won't be in AM and
| unencrypted .I just wonder if these brief trx's are audible by anyone
| else,outside France?

I ask it on the French group fr.rec.radio. Two others received them but
nobody knew russian (and they were in France).
Then I came here but it seems there are not many Europeans. I thought that
rec.radio.shortwave was an international group in english, with no region
dedicated.

It does seem that majority of r.r.s. participants has mostly
N.Americans with a small segment of English speaking enthusiasts from
everywhere else. Is French language still used in Nice,Cote d'Azour ?
From what we hear it has been invaded by the russians in the last
several years . If more and slightly longer recordings are made,
eventually those mysterious "fishermen" will mention something to
disclose their location or purpose.