Old January 20th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default End of the road for shortwave?

Bob Dobbs wrote:

Shortwave versus the internet - I've never caught a cyber virus from my short
wave radio, heard lots of infected prattle from the xians, but tuning away or
turning it off sure is easier than a format and restore.

I use Puppy Linux whenever possible.

I like the BBC a lot. When I lived in Texas and they were slamming 250
KW at the Americas from Ascension back in the '80s, I could easily hear
the air handlers in Bush House on my 2010. That was fantastic audio.

Now I listen to the World Service on satellite or the web, and I find
other amazing things to listen to on the radio (like really weak
stations 9,000 miles away).