Old January 26th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
mike luther mike luther is offline

Default QRP is bad?

Chuckle ..

Roy Lewallen wrote:

At the leading edge of the sphere of expanding analog TV radiation are
the Howdy Doody Show and the McCarthy hearings. No intelligent alien
would come anywhere near this planet.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Especially if they had to watch Howdy Doody on a 7 inch Hallicrafters black and
white rack mount TV screen. Which is where I first saw it on WICU-TV in Erie,
Pennsylvania.

Or the first TV received broadcast ever seen in College Station, Texas, on the
top floor of the Bolton Hall Electrical Engineering building at Texas A&M
College here in I think 1946 on Parent's Day that year. That was on Channel 2
from KPRC-TV in Houston that prized day. On a flying spot scanner which I
watched. I asked, "Why up on the top floor of the building?" Answer, "Mike,
how else do you think we can afford an antenna up high enough to see the TV
station signal from Houston?"

Hmmmmmmmmm.... or Whirrrrrrrr.. depending on whatever, grin...

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

Mike Luther