Old February 2nd 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal
WQGT447 WQGT447 is offline

Default how can I get a refund on my illegal FCC-approved type acceptedradios here in the U.S.?

On Jan 30, 11:00*am, richard wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:59:59 -0800 (PST), radioguy wrote:
I bought the radio from Radio Shack a few years ago.

I just found out that less than a year ago, in 2009, according to the
FCC, the motorola t6250 ( radio ( and other similar raduios ) is and
always has been an illegal radio completely illegal to use at all
because it can do speech inversion,(which is coded messages according
to the FCC), even though it has been type accepted by the FCC and
approved by the FCC as completely legal to use in the U.S.

The FCC even said such radios are and always have been illegal even
though the FCC type accepted it as legal and approved it as legal.

and that it's iullegal to use at all even in non-scramnled mode
without speech inversion enabled since it is an illegal radio.

So since *the radio is and always has been completely illegal to use
even in non-scrambled mode since it is capable of scrambling,

the radio is NOT fit for the purpose which it was sold for and sold as
.
But Radio Shack won't give me a refdund for the illegal radios they
sold.

I had no idea at the time I bought the radio that it was illegal since
it was FCC-type accepted as legal.

But all the lawyers and judges say "ignorance of the law is no
excuse".

How do I get my money back for Radio Shack illegally and fraudently
selling me illegal radios under the false, phony, and fraudelent
pretense that they were completely legal since they were fcc type
accepted and fcc-approved as legal?

Apparently, this is an oversight of the FCC. Some times things just get
done automatically. When you have a major corp. producing millions of
radios annually, introducing new types constantly, paperwork becomes rather
routine.

Midland radio is in the midst of the same legal action against them for
doing the same thing. The FCC contends these radios are illegal because the
"message is coded". However, as the FCC also does not precisely define
exactly what is meant by "coded".

As I see it, the rules are basically saying, sideband operation is not
allowed. Which I believe this is how the message is being coded.

What to do with your radio? I'd say use the damn thing as is. As far as you
are concerned the radio is legal to operate as is. It is up to the FCC to
ensure manufacturers comply with the rules. Not yours, not the vendors.

One option might be to sell it on ebay.

What if you're charged with the henious crime of transmitting a coded
message? Hire a good attorney and fight the *******s. You purchased, in
good faith, what you believed was a perfectly legal radio and one that was
approved by the FCC themselves. Then, don't do business with Radio Shack.

I learned a long time ago, Radio Shack is a rip off on electronics. If you
pay $10, the store manager paid $2 for it.- Hide quoted text -

FWIW - I bought some GMRS radios at RS a few years back, branded with
the RS name, and they work *great*, excellent range, excellent voice
sound and pitch, and they don't chew up batteries either. Tough as
nails too - they've been dropped, kicked and soaked, and they still
run great. I suspect their output is around 1 - 1.5 w, because they
communicate farther and more clearly and easily than any FRS radio
with which I am familiar. At $45 the pair, I'd stand by these units
anytime.

I have had junk from RS too, but these units are not among them.

I don't invert my speech ;-)

Bruce Jensen
WQGT447