Old February 2nd 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Class-C stage grid resistor

I cannot give you actual values for your set up, but basically, if you
have already provided optimum bias with your fixed bias voltage, then
you will not need to develop any more bias across a grid resistor.

peter

My fixed bias is set for an idling plate current of 10 mA. The only criterion
behind that bias setting was to keep the final tube safe. So, it may not be
optimum with regard to the final stage efficiency.

On the contrary, it is surely not optimum because, without extra bias, the tube
operates class B. More bias is needed (produced by the grid resistor) to have
the tube operating class C.

73

Tony I0JX