Old February 3rd 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default AC adapter humm

In message , homepc
writes
I'm running a 6v 300ma adapter to run my Sangean ATS800 radio. I was
wondering if applying a couple of ferrite chocks like this to the DC power
cord would eliminate any humming noise created by the adapter.

http://www.piurl.com/p/22mW

The humm is not very loud, but it's noticeable. I know batteries are the
best solution, but in this case it's more convenient to use the adapter.

Presumably you are referring to hum coming from the radio, and not
directly from the power adapter. However, either way, these chokes won't
make a scrap of difference.
--
Ian