Old February 6th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Class-C stage grid resistor

My practical experience is that lowering the grid resistor I always
get more
output power FOR THE SAME GRID CURRENT.

Same experience here.

So ... how do you know its the same ...if you use a meter ..
then the shape factor of the grid pulse will change the meter
reading .. wider pulse lower peak will still give the same
reading ?

need to check the waveform .. not easey .. simple way is to
forget the resistor and provide a variable bias psu . and inject
via a low ohm rf-choke ... and add some link to the bias voltage
and the pa plate supply ..no bias no supply .. simple relay ?

What is commonly called "grid current" is not the instantaneous grid current,
but its average value (i,e, its DC component). So, when one measures the grid
current using a DC meter, he has not to worry about the actual current waveform.

73

Tony I0JX