Old February 7th 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_22_] Dave[_22_] is offline

Default Hazer for Utility Pole?

On Feb 6, 8:29*pm, John Ferrell wrote:
A friend gave me a forty foot Utility pole. Since I am not a climber I
have not determined how to make the best of this in my continual
antenna tinkering. I keep coming back to the hazer transit method. The
device would be complicated by the fact that the pole is about 12
inches in diameter at the bottom and 6 inches at the top. I expect to
bury 5 feet of it. I hope to construct the device so that there is
NEVER a need to climb the pole. The galvanized wire rope on my Crank
up mast that I purchased in the late 1970's is still looking fine.

Any experience or ideas are appreciated!

BTW, Any idea why this tram mechanism is called a "hazer?"
John Ferrell W8CCW

Hazer is a brand name of GlenMartin towers: http://www.glenmartin.com/catalog/page10.html,
maybe it was the guy that originally designed it, or it could have
just sounded neat to marketing.

what type of antennas are you planning on putting on the pole?
personally i would put a couple of good screw eyes with pulleys and
run some decent rope through them and use it for wires.