Old February 10th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default R. Pakistan gives the boot to VOA broadcasts

wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:54 am, wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 8, 7:43 pm, Shawn wrote:
On 2/8/2010 3:05 AM, wrote:

Since this is sourced from an Indian web site, how truthful is it?

Agreed considering how much hatred the Indian government has for the the
Pakistani government. I doubt if the US would shut down a station over a
threat from the Taliban.

And they could simply broadcast from Afghanistan into NW Pakistan
without much trouble.

Kim Elliot does state it is true, but only the Pushto MW transmission
directed at NW Frontier Province. The Peshawar Urdu language FM is not
affected. As our long time contributor RHF has stated last year, Radio
Deewa had a program on 9370 KHz. How would the Taliban know where it
comes from?

RDF?- Hide quoted text -

And how would one RDF a signal on HF coming from a relay station
thousands of miles away?

With a loop antenna in 2 different locations. They call it
triangulation. It's in the Extra Class test.