Old February 10th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
phaedrus phaedrus is offline

Default HF action from a high rise apartment

Hi guys, long time no see.

Well for various reasons I missed out on the last two solar peaks and
with another one comin' down the pike not so very far away I'm
determined not to miss out on that one, too. Trouble is, I'm several
floors up in a metropolitan area. It's not as bad as New York, but
nevertheless very far from ideal.

Any suggestions for an antenna type that's discreet (or at least not
too outrageous) that gets out well at HF? Anything from 80m through
10m I'll take whatever I can get. I know given my geographical
limitations I have to be realistic so I'm not looking at winning any
contests or working DX every night. Just don't want to miss out
entirely yet again. Any suggestions?