Old February 11th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default Recommendations - 12 / 13.8v Power Supply, ~ 5 amp?

On 2/10/10 21:34 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 10, 3:08 pm, "D. Peter
wrote:
On 2/10/10 16:41 , dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:
I replaced my wall warts in the radio room with an Astron VS-20M.
Serious power. Serious regulation. Very clean power. Nice listening.

I use an Astron RS-20M here to power the Drake R7.

May be where I got the idea.

It's a great PS.

You could probably power a dozen R7s with 20 amps!. I'm shooting for
the Astron 7 amp job - that should tide me over.

In boating...they call it '2 foot-itis.' In audio we call it a
'4-track fix.'

No matter how bit a boat you have, you find it's just about 2 foot
shy of what you need for a really good party. No matter how many
channels you have, you find you need 4 more channels for the right mix.

If you're figuring 7 amps, within a year, you'll be looking for 2
more amps.

Think future growth.