Old February 13th 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Hazer for Utility Pole?

On Feb 6, 3:29*pm, John Ferrell wrote:
A friend gave me a forty foot Utility pole. Since I am not a climber I
have not determined how to make the best of this in my continual
antenna tinkering. I keep coming back to the hazer transit method. The
device would be complicated by the fact that the pole is about 12
inches in diameter at the bottom and 6 inches at the top. I expect to
bury 5 feet of it. I hope to construct the device so that there is
NEVER a need to climb the pole. The galvanized wire rope on my Crank
up mast that I purchased in the late 1970's is still looking fine.

Any experience or ideas are appreciated!

BTW, Any idea why this tram mechanism is called a "hazer?"
John Ferrell W8CCW

I ve seen an antenna where a utility pole is used for the "crane" for
a foldover tower. I think that is the way I would go.

Jimmie