Old February 15th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default OCF: Proprer type of balun (transformer)

Roy Lewallen wrote:

My opinion is that users of OCF dipoles are just about always going to
have to deal with some amount of common mode current, and the best you
can do is reduce it to a level you can tolerate.

I've always wondered, when people take these antennas that are likely to
have feedline radiation, and try as they may to stop it, isn't it likely
that they are making the antenna not work as well as it might have if we
just left the feedline radiate as it would? You might be taking away a
major part of the antenna performance?

I have to expect that a radiating feedline would have to be a pretty
inconsistent sort of antenna from one installation to another.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -