Old February 16th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Hazer for Utility Pole?

328X1 wrote:
'John Ferrell[_2_ Wrote:
;699186']A friend gave me a forty foot Utility pole. Since I am not a
climber I
have not determined how to make the best of this in my continual

Approach your local telephone
and/or electric companies for a source of pole material, and perhaps
they'll even be able to place your base & swing-up section [for a fee
?]. All told, it might be more economical to buy a used tower in GOOD
condition.

A lot of the temporary job-site companies (e.g. Andy Gump, here in
Southern California) that supply restrooms, power, etc. can plant a pole
for you.

Cable TV companies plant a fair number of poles, but almost universally
hire contractors to do it, so what you'd need to do is find the
contractor. Watch for their trucks.