Old February 21st 10, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
John T John T is offline

Default KSTN, Stockton, Calif., leaving the air

* David Kaye wrote, On 2/20/2010 9:39 AM:

Looks like they stayed til the bitter end. How many Top 40 or CHR or whatever
stations are still on AM? Hardly a handful. I was surprised over the years
that they never switched the formats between the stations, but I guess the FM
format was just too lucrative (at least in the past, anyway).

Back in the late 60s and early 70s KSTN-FM would do Spanish and
Portuguese about half the time and then simulcast evening and
overnight from the AM. It remained that way for a long, long time
until the FM went full time Spanish.

JT