Old February 21st 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default (OT) Alexander Haig Dies

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 2/20/10 23:22 , wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:53 am, wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

He was in the White House press room the day of the shooting, answering
questions about what had happened, the President's condition, etc...not
really able to give much information.

Neither the Vice President, nor the Speaker were available to answer
questions. One reporter asked, 'Who's in charge, right now?'

And Haig answered, "I am."

Understandable. But he should have said some thing like "Vice President
Herbert Herbert Bush is remaining in constant contact while traveling
post haste to White House Command Central, where I am holding down the
fort".