Old February 22nd 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff D Jeff D is offline

Default long wire AM antenna

"Steve Stone" wrote in message
What make/model radio are you using?

If you have an option to tune in broadcast band AM stations using SSB
(sideband)
you may improve reception at the cost of limiting audio quality.

Steve

Got it on the loop antenna thanks Roy Lewallen, W7EL, sounds like that's
what I need to start researching. My radio is just an older RCA 5.1 surround
sound, I've got a ton of music vinyl and digital and use it mainly for that,
but it's in my shop where I'm the boss and can smoke cigars if I want and
where I listen to most of the baseball. I don't really care much for the RCA
radio because I don't like the digital tuning, if I wanted to get a descent
radio for am reception what's a good choice? I've got a couple older
portables a GE Super Radio and a Midland 8-band, but I'd like a table model
so I can take advantage of the surround sound and speakers I've got
throughout my shop.