Old February 22nd 10, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. Mc Laughlin J. Mc Laughlin is offline

Default long wire AM antenna

Dear Jeff D.: Now we have the needed information. You do not have a
signal to noise issue but do have a signal to interference issue. Thus you
need a means for reducing the strength of the XE station as compared to
Chicago. .... and we are back to a loop antenna.

The angle between the XE station and Chicago is large enough probably to
allow you to reduce the signal to interference ratio to an acceptable level
with some rotating of the loop.

73, Mac N8TT

--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:
"Jeff D" wrote in message
The GE Super Radio is what I normally use to catch baseball on am 670,
especially at night, but after about 10pm local time I get a Mexican
station overpowering 670. I'm aware of the internet option but MLB doesn't
But anyway the ideal setup for me would be a good am table radio and
antenna setup that I can input to my stereo system and not fight with
Mexico over the channel.

Got it on the loop antenna thanks Roy Lewallen, W7EL, sounds like that's
what I need to start researching. My radio is just an older RCA 5.1
surround sound, I've got a ton of music vinyl and digital and use it
mainly for that, but it's in my shop where I'm the boss and can smoke
cigars if I want and where I listen to most of the baseball. I don't
really care much for the RCA radio because I don't like the digital
tuning, if I wanted to get a descent radio for am reception what's a
good choice? I've got a couple older portables a GE Super Radio and a
Midland 8-band, but I'd like a table model so I can take advantage of
the surround sound and speakers I've got throughout my shop.

Setup that GE Super Radio, orient it properly and see how it compares to
your RCA 5.1. Let us know.
Mike