Old February 23rd 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default HF action from a high rise apartment

In article
,
phaedrus wrote:

Any suggestions for an antenna type that's discreet (or at least not
too outrageous) that gets out well at HF? Anything from 80m through
10m I'll take whatever I can get.

Several years ago I was in a second floor apartment with a balcony.
Someone had previously bolted a 3/8-24 antenna mirror mount to the
balcony rail.

I used a 40 Meter Hamstick mobile whip with no additional ground plane
or radials. The Kenwood TS-690S had a built-in tuner that seemed to
work OK. It didn't get out very well, but I was on the air.

I expect it would have worked better on higher bands, probably great on
Ten or Six Meters with the appropriate whip.

Fred
K4DII