Old February 23rd 10, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default long wire AM antenna

"Jeff D" wrote in message

"amdx" wrote in message

"Jeff D" wrote in message
The GE Super Radio is what I normally use to catch baseball on am 670,
especially at night, but after about 10pm local time I get a Mexican
station overpowering 670. I'm aware of the internet option but MLB
doesn't allow broadcasting, they want you to buy their MLB network
subscription. But anyway the ideal setup for me would be a good am table
radio and antenna setup that I can input to my stereo system and not
fight with Mexico over the channel.

That's why I ask about the GE, if you can get it to work, you can
cobble audio into your stereo.
Regarding the interfering Mexican station, this a great application for
loop, you can turn it to null out that offending station.
Even without a loop you should be able to turn the GE to null out the
Mexican Station.
Method;
Rotate the radio so the long dimension points at the Mexican station
(caution it might be in Cuba) :-) When you find the correct aim the audio
from the offender will attenuate. Also sometimes it helps to
tip the end that point towards the offender up a little.
Mike
PS. I hate it when baseball preempts talk radio programs:-)

yep that's exactly what I do with the GE which helps but it's still pretty
scratchy and at the most 30-40% recognizable audio

Hmm, do you get a good null? Sometimes environmental materials can
mix the signals and you don't get a good null. See if you can take the
GE radio outside away from the building and get a null on the Mexican
and a better signal on your prefered station. If not I don't see where a
larger loop is going to help.
Just had a thought, If the Mexican station is actually a Cuban then trying
to null the Cuban would also null the Chicago station. They are about 180*
apart on either side of you. I'm in Fl. the Cuban stations are my
interference.
Mike