Old February 24th 10, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Priest Priest is offline

Default Huge news day but only Tiger reported.

On Feb 23, 12:15*pm, wrote:
VOTE!,,, VOTE to revive Colonel Reb.(Old MISS mascot)http://www.WLBT.com

I VOTED to revive Colonel Reb.

Johnny Yumaaaaaaaaa,,,,,, was a REBELLLLLLL,,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

I remember watching Ole Miss with Archie Manning at quarterback
playing on television back in the day. I can still see all those fans
waving their minature Stars and Bars flags. Say what one will about
the South but ya gotta love SEC football.

And yes Colonel Reb is a great mascot. I always think of Burl Ives
playing "Big Daddy" in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof when I see it - a great
movie. So I voted twice in favor of keeping it, why don't they show
the tally?

Sadly there is no way the school will bring the Colonel back, even if
they have to cheat to make sure it doesn't happen. Why you ask?
Because they need the black athletes to be able to compete in football
and basketball. Recruiting is a dirty busy and their rival schools
never miss the opportunity to bring up the negative about opposing
schools to impressionable youths. Fair or not, having a decal of a
plantation owning white guy on your helmet is not going to fly in
today's world.

The University's voting results are to be announced tonight, post them
when you have them. I'm betting the yea's will actually win but the
administration have rigged the count so the nays will prevail and they
can have their public relations success; "Oh look how wonderful our
student body is!", the typical politically correct BS (and that
doesn't stand for Bachelor of Science)..