Old February 24th 10, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Type of Cable to Use on 2m&70cm

"dave" wrote in message
VK4FDGM Daryl wrote:
Hi ,
I was wandering what type of Coax I should Use on VHF&UHF .
Bye
Daryl

Use RG8 (0.405") type cable for antenna leads. Use RG8X type for jumpers.

The BEST RG8 period is Davis BuryFlex.

http://www.davisrf.com/amateur.php

Without any details as to the type of operation, I agree with the Davis
BuryFlex. I have several runs of it up a tower. I use it for the triband
bean, 6 meters, 2 meters and 432 SSB work. While not as good as hard
line, if you want to stay with a coax about 1/2 inch that is what I would
use. I use the BuryFlex for all bands for the outside antennas where I use
an rg-8 size coax.. It is somewhat stiff inside the house and I use another
more flexable coax. I would use 8x for the low bands for jumpers but it
will not handle the power I run.

If I was not going over 20 feet, then the rg-8x type is a good coax to use.