Old February 25th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default receive polarity

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:50:47 -0600, tom wrote:

Ok, revisiting things now that I have time, I discovered something,
which The Art may (ok, will) get off into an incomprehensible rant about.

This outrage is largely due in part to revealing an inferior design:

Gain F/B
Original 9.87 dBi 7.84
Normalized 10.29 dBi 8.58

I wonder whatever happened to the golden city shining on the top of
the hill that Art called "length efficiency?" A back of the envelope
calculation of Art's 20M antenna reveals elements that are
conventional half wave. This raises the more immediate
head-scratcher: whatever happened to the golden calf of his designs
being in equalithium?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC